Windows XP Professional SP2 (x64) December 2016 Full – The most recent Windows Windows XP Professional service pack 2 or SP2 Full Version Update on December 2016.
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (SP2) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers experience with the operating system.
- OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 (x64) 5.2.3790.3959
- Language: US English
- Recommended: 1 GB of RAM, 10 GB disk space (4.3 GB for installation)
- Integrated updates: all high-priority and recommended updates (last updates were published on April 7, 2014)
- Internet Explorer version 8.0.6001.18702 with updates
- Windows Media Player version 11.0.5721.5280 with updates
- Updates that are not integrated in setup: Windows Update Agent, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP 1
- Open text file GRTMPVOL_EN_X64_20161211_keys in this folder and make a note of a serial number (will be needed during setup) and install Windows XP
- Keys are also available in ISO file
Update Windows XP
- In order to get updates in Windows XP, you must upgrade Windows Update to Microsoft Update:
- Install Windows Update Agent (go to folder ‘EXTRAS’, subfolder Windows Update Agent – instructions in text file)
- Launch Internet Explorer 8, select your settings and close it
Run Windows Update
Accept all prompts, including Security and ActiveX warnings until you have Microsoft Update installed
You will be offered to install 2 high-priority updates and 6 Optional Software Updates.
High-priority updates are mandatory (61 MB total download size), so just install them:
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool – August 2016 (KB890830)
Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)
Most of the Optional Software Updates are related to .NET Framework (either installation of updates).
Skip these updates unless required by some applications, installing .NET Framework stuff online take ages ….
EXTRAS also includes
Powershell 2.0 for Windows XP SP2 64-bit
Note: Powershell requires .NET Framework to be installed first (.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 offline installer is included)
Remove obsolete Windows components: MSN Explorer, Outlook Express, Windows Messenger
Then copy Autoruns from folder EXTRAS to your computer, run it and uncheck all entries related to those 3 components
Operating system : Windows XP (Support for 64-bit)
› License : Trial
› Title : Windows XP Professional SP2 (x64) December 2016
› Size : 879 Mb